Outgoing loans policy
Throughout the 50 plus years Henie Onstad Kunstsenter has existed, its collection has continued to grow, now consisting of more than 8000 objects. Henie Onstad Kunstsenter wishes to cooperate with other institutions through a loan program that increases public access to the collection and reach new audiences.
Loan requests should be made as early as possible, and with a minimum of 9 months notice for international loans, and no later than 6 months for loans within Norway. For complicated and extensive loans, please allow for longer notice.
The loan request should be adressed to the Director of Henie Onstad Kunstsenter Anne Hilde Neset, and sent digitally to conservator and outgoing loans registrar Hilde Berteig Rustan (email@example.com).
Please include the following information:
- Title and date of exhibition
- Description of the exhibition scope and concept
- List of the requested works of art, with Henie Onstad Kunstsenter's inventory number included when possible
- A completed and signed Facilities Report
- Contact person(s)
- Administration fee of 4000 NOK pr work
- Packing expences / crates
- Fine Art insurance 'nail to nail', including museum clause and terrorism cover
- Transport costs, including courier costs and per diem when required
- Conservation treatment when neccessary
- Framing when neccessary
The borrower will be informed of additional costs, should there be any, as early as possible.
Loan requests are considered by the loan committee. The loan committee’s conclusion is primarily based on the condition of the works, our capacity and the climate and safety of the exhibition venue.
Works already on display or in fragile, poor, or unstable condition making them unsuitable for display or transport will not be lent.
Please expect 2- 3 months for the evaluation of the loan.